Vice President of Member Service
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
This exempt position is responsible to manage the administrative and member service activities of the credit union. This includes oversight and direction of the activities of the main office in Hummelstown and all branch offices. Ensure that all products and services of the credit union are promoted and that quality member service is delivered to all members. Develop community relationships that help grow of the mission and image of the credit union. Organize branch office staff participation in volunteer and local civic events to support the mission of the credit union. Participate in the development of the strategic plan and objectives for the credit union.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all member service department personnel. Responsible for oversight of hiring, mentoring/training, performance evaluations, scheduling, and training of these employees.
- Administer and supervise the office operations of the credit union, including branch sales, direct service to members, and oversight of facilities at all 3 branch locations.
- Assist in directing all credit union operations, which include planning, recommending, and implementing programs and policies, and providing general administrative direction.
- Respond to complex or problematic member questions or problems as appropriate and ensure the highest quality of member service and satisfaction.
- Respond to technical and operational questions or problems from credit union staff and make appropriate referrals, recommendations, suggestions, etc.
- Analyze data and information to recommend programs and projects beneficial to the credit union and its members as a result of research, trends, member satisfaction statistics, etc.
- Develop and maintain a member service training program that reflects the high-quality service standards of the credit union, and reflects the core values of the credit union.
- Ensure that the president/CEO is kept fully informed on conditions and operations of the credit union offices and of all-important factors influencing them.
- Maintain daily contact with branch operations managers, providing support, input, feedback, and guidance concerning their daily operations.
- Manage and monitor branch activity, including number of transactions, volume, teller errors, loan volume, teller and loan personnel sales, and new accounts.
- Implement and monitor procedures to comply with credit union policies and governmental rules and regulations. Work with other department heads to maintain consistency in credit union policies and procedures. Develop and apply new policies and procedures for branch operations.
- Hold monthly meetings with Branch Operations Managers at Hershey and Annville locations to identify areas of growth for the office and provide on-going feedback of branch performance.
- Communicate goals and direction with branch managers to ensure clear understanding of rules, regulations, requirements, and expectations.
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services or products. Keep staff up to date on trends and general credit union information.
- Work with Human Resources to oversee the hiring, promotions, transfers, terminations, and other changes of assigned employees.
- Ensure security and safety of each branch.
- Evaluate the job performance of subordinates to ensure quality of work and service to members.
- Grow the mission and image of HFCU though participation in local community networking events, local civic organizations, and relationship building with key partners in the community.
- Manage the tasks related to the maintenance of the HFCU facilities, including meeting with maintenance vendors and seeing that repairs are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Manage and recommend the purchase of equipment and supplies for the branch offices.
- Participate in the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes.
- Perform all other duties, as required.
College degree in Finance or Business Management is preferred. Additional course work or a Master's Degree is a plus.
Previous financial services and management experience required.
Excellent communication and computer skills required. Must be able to work without close supervision. Need to be a “people person”, but also be organized and able to handle multiple duties.
HFCU offers a competitive salary, 401(k), paid vacation and opportunities for professional growth in a team-oriented, positive and supportive environment. HFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Forward your professional resume and salary requirements to: HFCUs HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via Indeed.com.