Play it safe with debt protection
Whether you're taking out a loan to make home improvements or buy a vehicle, it can be a financial gamble because things happen … life happens. Help play it safe with Debt Protection, a voluntary loan-payment protection product. Debt Protection helps you get relief from the financial burden of delinquency, default, or foreclosure if a protected life event unexpectedly happens to you. Simple eligibility requirements help ease the enrollment process.
If a protected life event happens to you (and you're a protected borrower or co-borrower on the loan), Debt Protection will cancel or waive your loan payment(s), up to the contract maximums. Help lessen your worries, and your family's worries, about paying loans during a time when your income may be reduced or lost and paying other household bills becomes challenging. Protected events include:
- Loss of Life, including those caused by acts of war
- Disability, including those caused by acts of war
- Involuntary unemployment
Your purchase of Debt Protection is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative, or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of Debt Protection. You may cancel the protection at any time. If you cancel protection within 30 days, you will receive a full refund of any fee paid.
Call 1-800-832-4328 or 717-533-9174 ext.120 and ask about protecting your loans TODAY!
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)Protect your financial wellbeing. Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) pays the difference between your vehicle insurance company's settlement and the remaining loan amount (directly related to the vehicle purchase), up to the maximums allowed by the credit union and/or state, in the event your vehicle is stolen or damaged beyond repair.
Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
We offer Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. Please contact us to learn more.
About Online Loan Applications
It will only take a few minutes to complete this online loan application to apply for a consumer loan from Hershey Federal Credit Union. Just answer a few questions about yourself, your employment and finances and you'll be finished!
You will need the following information to complete the application:
- The amount you would like to borrow
- Your Social Security Number and Birth Date
- Your current income
- Previous address, if at current address less than five years
- Previous employer, if with current employer less than five years
- The above information will also be needed for all co-applicants
If at any time you decide to exit the online application form without submitting your data, any information you have entered will not be saved.
Please note, online banking users should apply through online banking.
Have questions about the status of your loan application? Contact your Hershey FCU Loan Specialist at:
Locations & Hours
Locations & Hours
As a valued member, you have the opportunity to skip your loan payment on your Hershey Federal Credit Union consumer loan. It's easy to do, just follow the simple instructions and the extra cash will be available for holiday shopping, home improvements, or anything else you want.
There is currently no fee for this service. Loan payments may be skipped twice a year. In the event that your loan is paid weekly or biweekly through payroll deduction, then the skip payment will be four weekly payments or two biweekly payments.
Qualifications for this service:
- You are a member in good standing
- You have made at least 4 monthly payments
- Your loan is not past due
- You have not skipped the previous month's payment
- Skip-A-Pay program limits the number of skips to 2 monthly payments per year
- Skip-A-Pay Does not apply to VISA® credit card program
- Long term real estate loans and real estate loans obtained after January 10, 2014 are not eligible
- Final approval for all skip-a-pay requests is at the discretion of Hershey FCU
To take advantage of this offer, simply complete a skip a payment request form and submit it to Hershey FCU at least 14 days prior to your loan due date you wish to skip. The request must be signed by all parties on the loan.
What is Acceptable Insurance?
Insurance Declaration showing the following:
- Credit union listed as loss payee/lien holder as follows:
- Hershey Federal Credit Union
232 Hershey Road
Hummelstown, PA 17036
- Hershey Federal Credit Union
- Correct collateral description, including the year, make, model and complete VIN
- Borrower/Insured name
- Insurance company name
- Policy number
- Coverage effective/renewal date
For a vehicle loan:
- Comprehensive AND Collision Coverage
- Deductibles for comprehensive and collision (not exceeding $500 as set by HFCU)
For a real estate loan:
The hazard insurance must be sufficient to replace the property if destroyed, or in an amount to retire all liens against the property.